Wednesday, October 7, 2009

An Addendum to Rich's Implant Story




Dear Readers:
Back on June 8th 2009, I published Rich's story about his 2 piece AMS Ambicor implant surgery. Since then,Rich has had to have a testicle removed due to problems with blood supply being damaged from prior hernia surgery. He has written about his experiences having an orchiectomy and how he is doing now. Folks, here is the rest of the story.

Bob,

No problem to post. As you may recall I submitted a story about my implant and follow up photos so feel free to use as I think it may help others.

I did address my very uncomfortable testicle with my urologist for a year before my implant but he seemed to dismiss it and I was so glad to get the implant I didn't say anything. About 6 months after the implant I decided that I would go for an appointment and thank him for his help with my low T and for his helping me get the implant with his letter to the insurance company and gave him a gift certificate to a very nice restaurant.

I explained that I noticed pain after my first hernia procedure and more after my second a year later and it had not ceased since and was negatively affecting my life. He said to my: are you sure? I responded by saying that since it was atrophied and not working plus it hurt that I was absolutely sure about it.

The procedure did not require any pre-authorization and since I had met my deductible, $0 out of pocket. The cost to the insurance company was $2,200. It only took about 30 minutes. After I went home at noon I looked at the scrotum and there was still a lump where the testicle was and I was somewhat puzzled as I thought it would be completely gone. It seems he just took the insides out of the testicle and what remained was called a "grape" that would disappear. After 30 days it did start to disappear and now that it is 2 months today is has shrunk about 70%. I used our Jacuzzi every night before bed and that helped me sleep like a baby the first week after surgery but had very little discomfort anyway, actually less than before the procedure.

I don't miss the testicle at all and the empty scrotum is no problem. It is kind of nice as nothing is banging around during sex. Sex is enjoyable and I have a powerful orgasm and I cum the same as before. I do notice that the bottom of the pouch in my briefs is empty but my briefs are snug so its not a problem.

My testosterone injections were increased by 25% after so that is going well and have no problems. All in all a positive experience and a big relief from discomfort. My wife is happy that I am not in pain.

Thanks for this blog as it really helped me before, during and after my procedures. Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment