Saturday, February 20, 2010

David's Story, Melbourne Australia



Dear Readers:
Many of the fine folks who have followed my blog over the years hail from Australia and New Zealand. Which was a great surprise for my wife. We received a call from a wife several months ago who lived in New Zealand and who had read my blog and wanted to help her husband who was suffering from severe Erectile Dysfunction. She and dear wife were still talking when yours truely had to get ready for work. Today, I would like to introduce you to Dave who hails from Melbourne, Australia and who has given me permission to post his story. Out of the thousands of emails that I have received the past couple of years, approximately one third are from folks who live outside of the United States and Canada. I appreciate hearing from all of you and I hope that you have appreciated my answers to your questions. So here is David's story.

Hi Bob

Thanks for the web site. Has to be the best on the net concerning penile implants. I am 40 year old single guy from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I have had problems with ED for years but had not anything about it until recently. Made inquiries about having it done in the public system but they said it could take years to get op done if at all. Decided to take out private medical insurance with MediBank but had to wait a year due to it being a preexisting condition.

When the time came up went to a Mr/Dr Michael Chamberlin who works out of /John Fawkner Private Hospital/, 275 Moreland Road, Coburg. He charges no out of pocket expense but be careful as some charge up to $1000 out of pocket. Shop around for prices it is worth it. In my case all l had to pay is the insuranse $250 excess and for the tablets.

The operation was at 9am Thur 4th Feb 2010. I left hospital on Saturday afternoon and went to recuperate at a family holiday place 150km away. I drove straight after being discharged. Was a bit painful getting into car but once inside not that bad. Stopped 2/3 of the way to holiday place as was tired.Came back home a few days later on Wednesday.

After a week my genital area is still swollen and is in discomfort but not worth taking pain killers. I generally do well after surgery so my example may not be like everyone else's. The Dr has deflated it but still feels a bit ridged; maybe with time will soften more. Its only a week since the operation.

David
(Melbourne,Australia)




1 comment:

  1. u say ur in melbourne, did u have one done by dr love?

    ReplyDelete