Tuesday, July 3, 2007

6 week Report

I reached week 6 and have started cycling my pump several times a day. My doctor wants me to inflate the pump several times a day to stretch the tissues. I inflate the implant and leave it inflated for 5 to 10 minutes at a time. My length is 5 and 1/8 inches now. I had 5 and a 1/2 inches from bi-mix post-op and I believe that when I can start really pumping it up and stretching it out that I will have my old length back soon. I checked the girth and received a pleasant finding. My post-op girth used to be 5 and a 1/2 inches and now easily pumps up to 5 and 3/4 inches, so I've gained a quarter inch and maybe later may gain a little more. I had the AMS 700 Ultrex implant surgically implanted. The Ultrex model of implant increases girth and can also increase length by up to 18% in some men. I've heard and been told that it may take up to 6 months for everything to stretch out to the fullest. A small number of men have reported small increases in length and many men report a thicker girth with penile implants. But I need to caution everyone reading this. The majority of men experience some lose with the implant. In my many conversations with other implantees, a lose of 1/2 to one inch is very common. For men who have had a prostatectomy, the lose of length can be severe. One to as many as three inches depending on your pre-implant length. The doctors may tell you that it will all be there what you had before the implant. Most men suffer some loss.Some of the length loss will be restored later on as the implant settles in and you cycle erections. The head of the penis is slightly sensitive at 5 and 6 weeks post-op. How long it takes me until I'm fully healed? I don't have that information yet. One other thing. After the implant, the glans penis, the head of the penis does not become engorged with blood. It stays soft. I've heard from one reader that the lose of that engorgement truely effected the wife's experience during love making. The hardness of the glans is what rubs the womens g spot causing for many women a much more intense orgasm than a clitoral orgasm. This can be fixed with a little inventiveness, but can still be a concern for some couples. One thing I've heard is doctors tend to be over positive of the outcome. At this point, all of my swelling nad bruising is definetly gone and I feel just fine.
My flacid penis stays at around 4 inches in length all of the time now. The skin on my scrotum shortly after post-op felt thickened and stiff on the implant side of my scrotum. Other men that I've spoken to privately also report that they have this same issue with their scrotal skin, but theirs and my scrotal skin is starting to thin out and feel mostly soft and normal over time. Pumping up the Ultrex started out stiff in the pump bulb, but is gets noticeably softer and easier to pump the more it is used. The relese valve is easy to depress and by squeezing my penis, deflating the penis is quite easy. All in all, I'm very satisfied with my surgical outcome. Now that I'm almost to the point of using the implant, I have to wonder why I waited this long. The erections are firm and natural loking and feel just like I had taken a shot of bimix. My wife has checked out my erection and is excited about giving me a workout next week. I now have the ability to have a rock hard erection at any time and any place I desire. I have no worries about loosing my erection or going soft in the middle of something. I'll try and post pictures next week when I get my doctors ok to pump it up good and hard. I would also encourage anyone who would like to post their pictures to my blog anonymously for all the guys out there lurking, but really need to find out about this procedure, Please send them to me along with your story of living with ED. You would be helping a lot of men by answering the questions honestly about your experiences. I've received anonymous emails from over a dozen guys thanking me for starting this blog and the information on it. But every person has a little different experience. With all the studies out there, their is an awful lot of studies showing over 90% satisfaction rate with penile implants. I've got to believe that some of the guys who are having a bad experience in the beginning of their implant experience will experience changes for the good down the road. Problem is, most of these guys leave who've had positive experiences, and start going about living their lives. They are forgetting the guys who are looking into this method of therapy and desperately need to hear positive messages as well as the negatives outcomes. They really want to hear from you guys. Please send your stories as well as pictures if you have them and are comfortable sharing them and send them to me at bbacon15@mchsi.com . I promise to keep your identity confidential and private. I don't need to know your identity unless you want me to. But I will follow your wishes. I'm not some pervert on the web. I'm just a guy willing to help others out with factual information. Anything posting on my blog site is copyrited under the laws of the United States. Nobody has my permission to repost any and all parts of this blogsite. And that means copying any and all pictures and postings for your own private use., period. This blogsite is printed for information purposes for men and their partners, where the man has long standing Erectal Dysfuntion and is considering a penile prosthesis surgery.
Regards, Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment