Wednesday, May 19, 2010

BoB J 3 week update

Hello again Bob

Well it is 3 weeks tomorrow since the implant and everything is going nicely. I had a follow up visit with Dr Eid at 10 days post, and had the stitches removed. He said I could return to normal activity. As for the post op pain, there is none! There is some soreness, and I feel like I have two testicles and a Lego block in my scrotum but there is only some soreness, and sometimes a "pinched" feeling. I visit the good doctor again this Thursday for a trial run. I expect it will be a bit painful the first time, but I am ready for that.

I am a bit concerned about the pump since it feels like a square. Is it really easy to find and use? Right now it seems like it will be a challenge, but we will see.

I read Dr Ben's post and found it very helpful especially since he is a physician. I know what he is talking about when he says finding underwear for the new equipment is an issue. For anyone interested, Kohl's sells a polyester boxer short (looks and feels like spandex) that seems to be the answer. They are sold under the Sonoma Performance brand, which is a Kohl's house brand. If anyone is interested the Universal Product Code on the tag is 67907647-7 and it is style MT7604. They are a bit pricey at $6.50 each on sale ($12 regular) each but considering they house a $30K package it is worth it.

Best regards,

Bob J

No comments:

Post a Comment