Thursday, May 31, 2007

Post OP emails





I had the same progression. Things will get better in five days toa week after surgery. When did you doctor say you could takeshowers? How long did he say to wait until you took warm baths?Those helped more than anything.> Meanwhile, ice packs help relieve the swelling.>> RB

Robert:No baths for two weeks. But I get to take warm showers 48 hourspost-op. I wonder if a heating pad would help to bring down some ofthe post-op swelling and bruising. For now, I'm just using an icebag. I learned from my vasectomy 20 years ago, that icing the areaholds down the pain a bunch. I took percoset last night for painand to sleep, but today Naproxen Sodium (Alieve) is doing a good jobof taking care of any pain I might have. Even though I've gottenpretty swollen, I'm not hurting at all. It just looks a whole lotworse than it feels. And it no longer hurts to pee, so theirritation from the catheter has gone away. I'm still glad that Ihad this done. All of the hard stuff is behind me at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment