Thursday, May 31, 2007

Post Op replies

YEAH!! Glad it's over for you, Bob. Sorry it was more of an ordealthan it should have been. Working in surgery (anesthesia) I can tellyou that these kind of things happen, not real often, but they dounfortunately. Do you or your wife work in health care, lol, seemslike it's always our own staff that have the FUs. As long as theprocedure went well, the frustration from all the damn waiting isover. And it sounds like you got the best and latest, and all youreport about edema, bruising etc is to be expected. This area of yourbody is very well vascularized, so all of this will dissipaterapidly. Unless you over do, so follow the instructions. Theimplants I've seen, do seem to be made of pretty stiff tough stuff,not sure the material, has to be some form of silastic. I guess I'dget used to it being a little bit firm, and somewhat out there, aslong as getting dressed was not going to be a problem. I know Icertainly have noticed when I"m completely flaccid, which is most ofthe time I"m afraid, that the shaft of my penis is shorter, looksalmost like I was not circumcised, and I know this is because of theinch or so of urethra that was removed with the prostatectomy, hencecreating a slight traction of the distal urethra/penis back into thepelvis. It still stretches to full size with injection or VED, so notreal worried about that, but having an implant push it out would notbe an issue I guess. I do sometimes wonder if sexual responsivenesswould be better if I just left the glans covered like it is nowflaccid, which is the argument by those lobbying for restoration orpreservation of foreskins. I've asked guys b4 and wonder if someenjoy partially filling it during the day just to give that fullnessin your shorts we all like. Seems like it would not be a problem.Anyhow, too early to be concerned about the recreational side of this,just glad the procedure went well. Did you find your surgeon justbecause he was local, or did you travel for him?Keep us posted.Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment