Friday, August 24, 2007

Fred's Penile Implant Experiences




Hi Bob!
I did a little recapping without trying to write a book. I could probably reduce it down further if you need but here are the highlights of my trip....what a trip!

Dear Readers:

A couple of weeks ago, I asked for your submissions and pictures and detail your experiences with your Erectile Dysfunction and how you came to have a penile implant surgically implanted to cure your ED. Today I am happy to introduce to you Fred who took me up on my request. It is only through sharing our experiences, can the men who are coming behind us can learn what to expect should they choose this form of treatment.
Fred had his first implant way back in 1991 and has recently had an AMS 700 Ultrex implanted to replace that first implant which failed. I wish to thank Fred for submitting his story and for furnishing pictures of what is a successful outcome. Fred lost his prostate due to cancer as have many of you who read this website. This is Fred’s story



I will highlight my adventure with the AMS 700 Ultra planted firmly within. The story began with a late night call from my MD in effect said get your house in order. In '91 not much was known about prostate cancer other than take it out. After surgery, a month later, it was just as iffy. I still felt healthy except I couldn't get an erection any longer. So much for "nerve sparing!" By this time I had shed a lot of inhibitions from my redneck days while attempting all kinds of experiments which included looking at a lot of 'dicks' on-line to see if I was normal, and did a thing with a prostitute that didn't work to well.
During the after surgery years, I ran my butt off, drank gobs of water, ate different, built muscle, got rid of my company, got in on trials with a new thing called Caverject, went into UCLA Emergency three times with the biggest, (and most painful) erection the world (emergency waiting room) has ever seen and did even more experiments with herbs, pumps and lots of reading. By this time I was ready for one last try before the needle...gads...a gay thing! I was willing to try anything. So I went to a bath house in LA where a guy worked me over in ways I never thought of. I did in fact rise to half attention with a blast off. But, most important I knew it was the final straw. I had a problem (slow learner). The final, really final straw was that I was stuck so many times that the trimix became unreliable. Clearly, something different had to be done!
'Stage right', implant time. After surgery ('93) this cute nurse removed my bandages and I became depressed. What a mess! Dinky little dick, bruising all over my pelvic...."gads what have I done to myself now". A few weeks later, bruising was gone, dick was still swollen (too bad it wouldn't stay fat that way", and it was stretched to full length,(about 4 3/4 inches)...like big deal! Making the best of it over the months the swelling went down and the length would stretch to about 5 1/2 inches...hmmmm usable. But at least it worked! Prior to surgery, I used one of those cheap pumps and kept pumping it to the max and leaving it pumped up. Apparently that did some good in that it might have assisted the surgeon in installing the max size.
About 5years later, dick size was almost 6 inches x about 1 5/8 dia. One evening, the tire went absolutely flat! I felt a little pop and nada! Went to a new urologist who said it needed to be replaced. Here we go again! So, I used the pump for two weeks prior to surgery in the attempt at keeping what I had. After surgery, very little bruising and a fat swollen weenie. After the bandages were removed, it looked like I lost ground and complained to my urologist that he short changed me. He was supposed to remove the old and measure against the new. Well, make the best of a 5 and a halfer'.
Today, two years later I am up to a respectable 6 1/2 inch by 1.3/4 and when I am really up to it, I can hit almost 7 x 1 /78. Now I'm a happy camper........and so is my wife of 43 years. After all of the experiences, I am a different person. No mo redneck, but I still vote republican, and a whole lot looser and tolerant of the people around me. I am sure that each has his own story to tell and I am equally sure to each, it was as adventure he never though about until it was happening. And of course there are stories within stories.
To anyone reading this and contemplating the installation of an implant. if you have a problem...................fix it. The odds are you will not be unhappy.....well after it's its all done anyway! You will embark upon a journey whereby you cast aside things you learned in Catholic school or your parents taught you, and you will be a more understanding person......and, that ‘isn’t all bad!”
Fred
Don’t have any before pics but here it is pumped and unpumped. Know this, after installation your dick no longer goes into the body when it’s cold, it always hangs out. Also, for those having had prostate surgery the bladder gets tied to the pelvic floor. The result is the penis tends to bend down and will never point up again....tears. Some, like me, have complained of it being shorter. Give it time and keep it pumped up. Dam thing grows...nice huh.

2 comments:

  1. Fred thanks for your pics and story. This blog has given me the courage to get my implant. I almost got it December 07, but insurance wanted me to try the pump first. When its hard its big,hard, and purple. Its just difficult to get it there and it still leaks down to 60%.

    So I think its time for the implant. I'm still a little afraid though.

    How hard is hard with the implant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great and candid story! Your photos are certainly proof of a GREAT Result---That is one ANY man would be proud of, point down or not. I had prostate surgery 3 times (not cancer) in 4 months and have now onset of Peyronie's and decreased erections....If an implant isnecessary, I sure feel better about it now..Thanks so much for sharing your story....

    GWTW

    ReplyDelete