Sunday, August 5, 2007

Posting from a fellow Penile Implantee




This is a message from Court H who had his implant procedure back in April 07. Court has his implant procedure performed by Dr Perito, a world renown implant surgeon who practices in Coral Gables, Florida. Dr Perito performs hundreds of implants a year. Court and his wife Beth have allowed me to include previous posts on my blog.

Well, it's been since April 26 th since I had my implant. My initial
reaction was not good. I was not prepared by my surgeon for the initial
loss of an inch of length and the loss of the rigidity of the glans. So,
effectively, I really lost an inch and a half of effective erectile tissue.
My initial reaction was great dismay at the loss of length and finding out
that the loss of the rigidity of the glans left my wife feeling like I
wasn't effectively making contact with the roof of her vagina and therefore
she couldn't feel me inside her anymore was depressing to say the least. I
sent several emails to my surgeon explaining the situation to him and he
assured me that, in time, some of my length would return did give me reason
for hope. He suggested daily genital massage, which my wife without fail,
performs nightly for about 10-15 minutes and a regimen of cycling the device
5-6 times a day, keeping the erection for about 2-3 minutes per cycle would
provide us with our maximum outcome. I have regained about a quarter of an
inch of length so some improvement has been seen. As far as the loss of
firmness of the glans is concerned, my wife came up with a fantastic idea.
We bought the smallest silicone beaded cock ring we could find and placing
it directly behind he ridge of the glans does give a little rigidity back to
the glans but most importantly gives back the sensation of ring of the glans
making contact with her G spot.
One thing I want to stress to anyone considering this procedure, discuss
with the surgeon who will be performing the procedure the potential loss of
length and have them perform a stretch test to see what you are actually
able to achieve. I have been in contact on other forums with others who
have had this procedure for a variety of reasons, prostatectomy, extreme
vascular degeneration and severe diabetes among other reasons and the
majority of them were not prepared adequately by their surgeons for the loss
of length and rigidity of the glans. Some have reported getting goodly
amounts of their length back, some have not. I'm not trying to pour cold
water on anyone considering this procedure I just want each of you who are
considering this procedure to make as informed a decision as possible.
My wife and I are learning how to make love to each other, to a degree, all
over again and we are having success and I do see a bright future ahead so
it was worth it even with the initial shocks and adjustments. I hope I have
made a positive contribution to this board and will continue to post as time
goes on.
Best wishes to all of you,
Court182

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking to going to Dr. Perito. Were you satisfied with him and the Coral Gables Hosp. Does he use only the Coloplast implant? Would he use the AMS if requested?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob:
    I did not get my implant from Dr Perito. Another gentleman did and was unhappy with his results. Dr Perito does hundreds of implants every year and exclusively uses Coloplast implants only. As I understand it, Court and his wife were considering taking legal action against Dr Perito. How that is going, I don't know. Hope this answers your questions.
    Regards
    Bob

    ReplyDelete