Friday, June 1, 2007

3rd Day Post Op






I had a good night sleeping last night and got a good 8 hours of sleep. I took two vicodin at bedtime, stuck a heating pad in a pillow, and kept it between my legs all night. From my pictures, my swelling and bruising have increased considerably. This swelling and bruising increased all day yesterday to the point where you see the pictures showing what I looked like. Trust me, my genitalia looks like it has been in a train wreck. But surprisingly there is no pain. I'm taking two Alieve every six hours. I did call my doctor today about the bruising and swelling and was reasured that what I am exoeriencing is normal. To bad they didn't warn me about it. I thought long and hard about posting 3rd day pictures because they do look bad. I don't want to scare anyone out of getting an implant because of these pictures. They really do look uglier than it feels. I promised you honesty and I want to furnish good information on my experiences going through everything relating to my penile implant surgery. What I have experienced up to this point is pretty typical of other implantees. I correspond with group members on the Penileimplant group on Yahoo at: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/penileimplant/
This group is a good source of information from other implantee's. My hope is that you the reader are finding good information on my Penile Implant Blog that is factual, meets your informational needs, and fills in the informational needs that I can assure you doesn't get covered or told to you by the doctor or information from any other websites. Too many websites give you cold clinical information on the implant itself, but leaves out information about what to expect before, during, and after surgery itself. I hope I fill that void for you. Welcome to my blog. I hope you go back and read my earlier posts.
Best regards
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment