Sunday, June 10, 2007

Just a few things.






Hello Readers:
Just a couple of things I'd like to comment on. I'm almost at the two week point on Tuesday. My bruising is down by more than 50 %. And what is left will probably be gone sometime this week. The pain in my scrotum from the pump isn't bothering me anymore. Cost of the procedure. Now that is an eye opener. I have very good insurance and I feel lucky to have it. The hospital bill for one night and room and care was billed at $36,245.00. Insurance paid 18,287.00. $17, 958.00 was written off. They paid over $1200.0 for Anesthesia. There were additional expenses for laboratory and Radiology, and remember the stress test? That was over a $1000.00 for nothing as I didn't need it. It's the extra that each of us pays because of malpractice lawsuits. And I'm still waiting on the surgeon's bill, oh boy. All in all, implant surgery cost is over twenty grand.

1 comment: