Monday, June 4, 2007

Day 6 Post Op Implantee





Intacto:
I had the new Ultrex with the new pump. The AMS rep brought it down when AMS shipped the wrong implant to my doctor. Most doctors get the implants overnighted with extra parts otherwise they have to carry a lot of expensive product on hand. In cases of pelvic scarring, doctors like the 2 piece Ambicor on hand. I was expecting and had requested the Ultrex, but they sent the AMS 700 CS by mistake. So the AMS rep drove from St Louis on the day of my surgery last Tuesday with an AMS Ultrex and what isn't used is shipped back for credit as long as sterility isn't compromized. Dr Weinstein had read about the new revision on the 700 series pump but told me he hadn't expected it in production this soon, but I got implanted with it and so did Daniel, another member on this board. The paperwork and directions with it list it as 1/3 smaller than the previous pump available with the Ultrex. The diagram of the new pump, it looks like the pump that the Ambicor uses, but is slightly a little bit different. The pumper is softer and is easier to pump up the implant. The deflation button on the older pump made you hold down the deflate button until the implant is completely deflated. On the new pump, the deflate buttton only needs to be held down for 3 to 4 seconds and then released and the implant deflates. The user squeezes the cylinders to push all the fluid back into the reservoir. Daniel and I both have it, but neither one of us has had enough of the surgical swelling go down enough in our scrotum Post Op for either one of us to get really familiar with it. This morning, I did need to deflate my implant some as I was sticking out somewhat and it was a little painful when pushed up against my body as it was a little too firm to bend. I did find the button and did manage to deflate the implant. This did cause a little fresh bleeding and bruising on my left Corpora cylinder side. I'm only 6 days Post Op, but I am keeping a blog at

http://penileimplant.blogspot.com

and I've got one more picture of the bruising that I have experienced. My whole bikini area turned black and blue, post surgically around day 3 post op. So expect to have bruising 2 to 3 days postop along with considerable swelling. It looks worse than it feels. I hope this answers your questions about the Ultrex Revision on the pump. Regards, Bob

2 comments:

  1. i had a coloplast titan implanted about 1 month ago, still have pain, the swelling and bruising have gone and my Doctor says everything looks good. the chambers appear to partially autofill and trying to squeeze out the fluis while finding the release valve is still a challenge. Am what i'm going through normal? when can I expect to be pain free???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had found your blog prior to my surgery. I am at day 10 post operative and your blog has provided me valuable information. My first follow up is tomorrow and I am looking forward to understanding all of the details of this implant.

    ReplyDelete